Being a member of the Northwest Suburban Genealogy Society (NWSGS) has numerous benefits, including:
- Eight meetings a year, featuring a variety of speakers and topics.
- Access to copies of the speaker’s handout each month.
- Eight issues of our bulletin, Notes From the Northwest, to keep you informed of happenings in our Society and current issues of genealogical interest.
- Access to NWSGS’s pre-2013 publications via our “Members Only” link.
- Subscription to Forum (the Federation of Genealogical Society’s publication) at a discount – visit their website at www.fgs.org for more information.
- Our society has memberships with the following societies, allowing our members to share in certain benefits (these differ based on the society in question):
- Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS)
- Illinois State Genealogical Society (ISGS)
- Ohio State Genealogical Society – OGS has a rich collection of Ohio-related databases for “members only.” To access this resource through our membership, visit the Mount Prospect Public Library and request access to this from one of their computers.
- An opportunity to meet other genealogists who share your interest.
- Potential to learn new techniques to advance your research.
- Access to researchers who are willing to share their experiences and other suggestions.
- Information on how to get more involved in genealogy.
- An opportunity to assist in selecting speakers and topics for future meetings.
- A chance to preserve a part of history for future generations.
Our membership year runs from August 1 through July 31. Members joining during the year will receive all eight issues of Notes From the Northwest.